Wantage Counselling Service


Clients contact WCTC by telephone, or email.

· Clients will be offered an initial assessment appointment with one of WCTC counsellors, where they will be able to explore and
decide whether they think counselling is suitable for them. It also helps WCTC to know if WCTC is the right agency for the.
· WCTC offer this first appointment free of charge, clients will be asked to pay a deposit which may be used towards payment of
regular counselling.
· If it is agreed that counselling at WCTC is appropriate, regular weekly counselling will be made available as soon as possible.
· WCTC offer appointments from 09.00 – 20:00 hrs and can offer Saturdays by arrangement.
· Each appointment lasts for 50 minutes.
· Client fees will be agreed with clients at their Assessment session and will be based on what they can realistically afford.
· WCTC’s aim is to offer an affordable service so that people who cannot afford fees charged by private counsellors can get the
professional help they need.

Accessibility to WCTC

FAQs. Accessibility 2021

Useful Websites

Professional Organisations
British Psychoanalytic Council
West Hill House, 6 Swains Lane, LONDON, N6 6QS

United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
2nd Floor, Edward House, 2 Wakley Street, London, EC1V 7LT
Tel: 0870 167 2131 Fax: 0870 167 2133

British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
BACP House, 15 St John’s Business Park,
Lutterworth, Leicestershire LE17 4HB
Tel: 01455 883300

Counselling Directory
Coliseum, Riverside Way, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3YL

Herbert Gray College, Little Church Street, RUGBY, Warwickshire CV213AP
Tel: 0845 456 1310

Charitable Organisations
WITNESS (formally POPAN)
WITNESS: against abuse by health & care workers is the only charity in the UK working exclusively on abuse by health & care workers. WITNESS runs a helpline, a support and advocacy service, provides training and develops new policy approaches to the prevention of abuse

Delta House 175-177 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1HR
Helpline 08454 500 300 Admin: 020 7939 9920
[email protected]


Mind is the leading mental health charity in England and Wales. We work to create a better life for everyone with experience of mental distress by:

a) advancing the views, needs and ambitions of people with mental health problems

b) challenging discrimination and promoting inclusion

c) influencing policy through campaigning and education

d) inspiring the development of quality services which reflect expressed need and diversity

e) achieving equal rights through campaigning and education.


Useful Phone Numbers

Here are some useful numbers for other agencies providing support and information.

Advice and Information
Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
08444 111444

The Independent Advice Centre, Wantage
01235 765348

Oxfordshire Family Mediation Service
01865 741781

08457 90 90 90

Alzheimer’s Society
01865 876508

Oxfordshire Carer’s Support Services
01865 455877

South and Vale Carers Centre
01235 510212

Drug and Alcohol Services

Alcoholic Anonymous (Oxfordshire)
01865 242373

Oxfordshire Drug and Alcohol Action Team
01865 336800

Housing And Homelessness Services
Vale of White Horse District Council
01235 520202

Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse Services
0800 731 0055

Young People, Children and Families
01865 744768

Oxford Family Information Service
08452 26 26 36

0800 1111

The Abingdon Bridge
01235 522375

FAQs. bacp logo 2018

©2021 Wantage Counselling Service is powered by WebHealer
Cookies are set by this site. To decline them or find out more visit our cookie page